In every event where the driver forgets to login to an ELD (in vehicle device), a notification is sent to the Action Center in MyEROAD. Only a staff member with Unit Manager or Client Administrator permissions can assign a driver to an unidentified trip.
An Unidentified Driver Trip can be in one of the following statuses:
New - A new unidentified trip is identified by the ELD
Pending - A unidentified trip is assigned to a driver and awaiting the driver response from the ELD. If the driver,
- Accepts the trip, it is removed from the Action Center and becomes part of the driver's ELD records.
- Rejects the trip, the status changes to Reassign and a new driver can be assigned to the unidentified trip.
Reassign - The assigned driver rejected the unidentified trip as his/hers and the trip status changes in the Action Center to Reassign. The organization can reassign the unidentified trip to another driver.
To resolve New or Reassign driver trips:
- Click on the MyEROAD upper red navigation bar to open the Action Center.
- If the left tab shows Unidentified Driver Trips are present, click the tab to open the list.
- Click a trip in the list.
- In the Assign Driver to Trip panel, click the down arrow next to Assign Driver and select from the list.
- Click in the Explanation/Note field to enter a comment regarding the unidentified trip.
- Click Save to save changes. This trip, now assigned, is in Pending status until accepted by the assigned driver.