The Over Speed Dashboard in Reports / Over Speed Dashboard provides you with an ‘at-a-glance’ view of your fleet’s speeding behaviour and allows you to quickly identify best and worst performers. The Over Speed Dashboard report is based on data from HERE maps, our third-party mapping provider. Vehicle events are compared nightly against the HERE maps posted speed limits, thereby identifying over speed events.
You can drill down to access detailed information and provide your drivers with specific, actionable feedback to take on board. Alongside your own vehicles, you can view vehicles shared with you by another organisation using EROAD Share.
NOTE: You can tell us if Depot shows inaccurate speed limits by requesting a posted speed limit review.
- View drivers, vehicles, or fleets
- Compare speeding behaviour based on total or average numbers of speed events
- Focus on specific speeding levels by selecting Over Speed Bands
- View speeding within your organisation’s Virtual Speed Camera areas
- Trend chart shows improvements over time
- Drill down to view detailed information for each driver:
- Speed details: speed, speed limit, date/time and location
- Top 10 speeding locations
- Over speed zone profile: events by speed limit
- Map showing speeding locations
When reviewing your drivers’ speed events in the Over Speed Dashboard, you might occasionally encounter a speed limit in Depot that is not in line with actual posted speed limits on the road. In order to fast-track the map update process and include your drivers’ first-hand road network knowledge, you can report out-of-date speed limits in Depot.
To submit an updated speed limit, locate the out-of-date speed limit in the Over Speed Dashboard:
- On the Over Speed Dashboard in Reports / Over Speed Dashboard click on a vehicle or driver to access speed details.
- In Speed Detail, click on a speed event that shows an out-of-date speed limit in the Limit column.
The location where the speed event has occurred will be displayed on the map.
- Click in the top-right corner of the screen.
The Request Posted Speed Review screen will show including the current speed limit in Depot.
- Enter the updated speed limit.
- Click Submit.
Once verified, we will include the new speed limit in Depot, usually within 7 business days.
NOTE: Updated speed limits cannot be applied retrospectively.
NOTE: Click in the top-right corner of the screen to open Google Maps Satellite View and view details at the location of the selected speed event.
Exporting the Report
You can export the report in PDF and CSV format, and then print or forward it for further use.
To export the report:
- Click Tools / Export PDF or Export CSV.
The report will be downloaded in your browser.
To export the report to email:
- Click Tools / Send PDF to email or Send CSV to email.
You will receive the report as an email attachment, please check your inbox.
Scheduling the Report
You can schedule the report to receive it by email on a regular basis.
To schedule the report:
- Click Tools / Schedule this Report.
- Fill in the Schedule Report screen.
- Click Add.