The quickest way to learn is to watch the training video. Alternatively, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the Activity screen and click on the Geofences tab.
- Zoom or pan the map to the area you would like to geofence.
- Click on the Draw Geofence tool.
The mouse will change from an arrow to an arrow with a point.
- To define the geofence perimeter, click once then release the mouse, move the mouse to the next place and click and release the mouse again.
- Continue clicking, releasing and moving the mouse around until you are ready to close the geofence. Complex geofences may require many points.
- Double click to close the geofence.
Save New Geofence screen will appear. Enter Name and select what Types you would like applied to the geofence e.g. Customer Site, Off-Road Area etc. Select Notification Setup and add Recipients if required.
- Click Save to finish.
You can assign a type to your geofence which will give it a certain attribute.
Some geofence types will count towards the "Site Visits" in the Daily Activity Report and the Fleet Summary Report. These are:
- Customer Site
- Staff Site
- Supplier Site