An EROAD Inspect report is created when an inspection is submitted by a driver through the EROAD Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) feature on the in-vehicle device. The Inspect report is the historic, audit view of the defects found during the pre-trip or post-trip inspection and is a record of the actions taken on the defects.
Perform the following step to view the inspections.
- Click Inspect > Inspections to open the Inspections screen.
The following sections describe how to filter the inspections list, view inspection details, and manage defects.
The Inspections screen displays a list of inspections for the vehicles in your fleet. The list view defaults to the current week, but users have the option to change the view to daily, weekly, monthly, or select a custom date range. Inspections are listed in chronological order with the most recent inspection shown at the top of the list. The list includes the following information:
- Vehicle Name
- Vehicle Type
- Date of Inspection
- Inspection Type (Pre-trip or Post-trip)
- Result (Failed not safe or Failed)
Note: Use the arrows at the bottom of the list to navigate through the various reports.
Tip: Click on a column heading label to sort the list of Inspections or apply filters using the Inspection Filters dialog box.
The list of Inspections is automatically filtered to display inspections (failed or failed - unsafe to drive). Unsafe results are flagged in red text on the Inspections screen. You may use the Filters icon to customize the Inspections list.
The following table describes the filtering options that you may select.
|Report Filter Options|
|Type||Select one of the following trip types: Pre-trip, Post-trip, or All trips|
|Result||Failed inspections are the default. Select one or more options: Failed not safe, Failed, Not Applicable, or Passed|
|Machine||Filter by machine name, group name, or template|
|Driver||Filter by driver name|
|Save as Default||Use this button to save the filter settings as your default settings|
|Apply Filters||Use this button to apply the filter settings one time|
Perform the following procedure to apply filters to the Inspections screen.
- Click the Filters icon on the Inspections screen to open the Inspection Filters dialog box.
The Failed or Failed Not Safe filters are automatically applied.
- Click the Type button to filter on Pre-Trip, Post-Trip, or All.
- Click the Result checkbox(es) that you want to include in the filtered list. Select one or more of the following options: Failed not safe, Failed, Not applicable, or Passed.
- Enter the Machine Name, if you want to filter on a specific vehicle or asset.
- Enter the Machine Group, if you want to filter on a specific group.
- Enter the Driver Name, if you want to filter on a specific driver.
- Click Apply Filters to save your filters and apply them to the Inspections list.
- (optional) Click Save As Default to save your settings as the default settings.
The Inspection Details dialog box is opened by clicking on one of the inspections in the Inspections list. It displays on the right side of the screen. The truck name and plate number are displayed at the upper left corner. The remaining inspection details are summarized above the inspection card(s). The Inspection Details dialog box displays all defect items associated with the vehicle. The defect severity is indicated by the color code on the left side of each defect, and the defect status is shown in the upper right corner of the card by the progress bar code.
- The Action icon in the upper right corner of the Inspection Detail dialog box is used for downloading an inspection report. See Inspect Reports for more information about the Action icon.
- Click the Manage link on the inspection defect card to open the Defect Board. See the Defects help page for more information.
- Click the X in the upper right corner to close the Inspection Details dialog box.
Perform the following steps to download an inspection report.
- Click on an inspection report name in the Inspections list. The Inspection Details dialog box appears.
- Click the Action icon at the top of the Inspection Details dialog box.
- Click Download PDF. The inspection report file that you selected appears on screen.
- Move your cursor to the top of the PDF screen to display the PDF menu.
- Click the Download icon.
- Save the file to your local computer and then print, when needed.