Welcome to the Installer Information Help Pages
Makes and models of vehicles are listed and they will contain information that will assist in the installation of the EROAD hardware.
To operate correctly, a connection is required to permanent power, true idle and ground and the unit needs to be sited such that it does get a clear view of the sky through the windshield.
The unit is able to operate on truck voltages from 12v to 24v.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Please read carefully before beginning installation!
FCC/IC COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Installing and servicing electronic devices can be hazardous due to electrical components. Make sure to create a safe working environment to avoid hazards and to ensure correct & safe installation & operation.
- EROAD recommends the use of a qualified professional automotive technician to install the Ehubo. Make this Installation Guide available to the appropriate personnel. Store it for future reference.
- Installation must be carried out in a disconnected state. The engine must be turned off and cool prior to installing the Ehubo.
- Choose the mounting location for your Ehubo carefully and ensure to comply with all local regulations. Make sure that the Ehubo does not impair the driver’s visibility, does not pose a risk in the event of an accident, does not interfere with any systems used in the operation of the vehicle, does not block or impair the deployment of the airbag and has a good view of the sky.
- To avoid damage do not run cables close to heat sources, sharp edges or other obstacles that might damage them.
- Do not run cables directly next to safety-relevant devices.
- Do not damage existing wiring and components when drilling the dashboard.
- After installation, check that all safety-relevant equipment is working properly.
- Only operate or look at the Ehubo when it is safe to do so. Always keep your hands free to operate the vehicle while driving. Your first consideration while driving should be road safety.
- To avoid driver distraction, the Ehubo screen is initially configured to automatically turn off when movement is detected.
- Do not use sharp-edged objects on the Ehubo touch screen.
- The Ehubo is not waterproof. Do not spill any liquid on it.
- Protect the Ehubo from extreme temperatures. Operating temperature for the Ehubo is between -4°F and 185°F.
- Always follow local regulations when disposing of the Ehubo.
- Do not dispose of the battery in trash cans, fire or water.