In MyEROAD, go to Administration > Vehicles / Assets
You must have Unit Manager or Client Administrator permissions to add a vehicle or asset.
Adding a Vehicle/Asset (Oregon only)
You can retrieve individual vehicle information electronically from ODOT. The information retrieved from ODOT automatically populates the vehicle details field in MyEROAD, so you do not have to manually enter information into the fields for the following:
- Base plate and Base state
- Fuel type
- Vehicle make, model and year
- Unit number
- Vehicle type
- Multiple configurations (with respective weights and number of axles) for Weight Mileage tax reporting
- All Vehicles retrieved with configurations available, including vehicles without an EROAD product installed, can be added to the Weight Mileage Report. Vehicles need to be added to the Weight Mileage Report by selecting the button (as they are not automatically included).
- A record is created in the User Activity Log when this option is used.
- In order for ODOT to release vehicle information to EROAD, the appropriate Power of Attorney form needs to be completed and submitted via EROAD.
Manually Adding a Vehicle/Asset
Once you have selected the Vehicles/Assets button from the left hand menu in the Admin section of the system, you can select the Add New Vehicle or Asset button.
- Select the Fleet you wish to add the new vehicle/asset to
Note: You may need to go to the "Fleets (Groups)" area of the Depot and create a "New Fleet" if necessary
- Enter a Display Name (Unit number)
- Select whether the vehicle/asset is:
- Registered Vehicle - Powered
- Registered Vehicle - Unpowered (trailer)
- Unregistered - Asset For a Registered Vehicle
- Enter details
- Click "Add Vehicle" to save the vehicle to the system