The Driver Safety Report in Reports / Driver Safety monitors your fleet’s harsh braking and sharp acceleration events and helps you support your drivers to stay safe and compliant.
NOTE: Harsh braking and sharp acceleration impacts your drivers’ Leaderboard rankings. You can evaluate harsh braking and sharp acceleration events by referring to the Driver Safety Report, which also identifies frequency and location.
The Driver Safety Report lists Harsh Braking and Sharp Acceleration events and locations per vehicle or driver.
You can drill down to view events on a map and identify high-risk locations with a large number of events.
A deceleration event that exerts 0.37 g-force on a heavy vehicle or 0.4 on a light vehicle. The driver feels noticeable forward movement during this event, and an unrestrained vehicle load moves forward.
An acceleration event exerting 0.35 g-force on a heavy vehicle or 0.42 on a light vehicle. The driver is thrust backward into the seat, and an unrestrained vehicle load moves backward.
You can share these insights with your drivers to educate them on high-risk locations and help them improve their behaviour on the road.
Using the Report
Perform the following to choose a reporting period and vehicles / drivers to include in the report:
- Select Start Date and End Date, and Fleet(s) and Vehicle(s) on the left hand side.
- Select to view Vehicles or Drivers.
The number of events are listed by Vehicle or Driver (top graph) and Location (bottom graph).
Event locations are marked on the map:
a red marker stands for a Harsh Braking event
a yellow marker stands for a Sharp Acceleration event
To view details:
- Click on a vehicle’s or driver’s events to view their events only and zoom in on the map.
- Click on the Number of Events at a Location to zoom in on the map.
- Move your cursor over a marker on the map to view detailed information.
- Click Reset Filters to view all Driving Events for the selected reporting period.
Exporting the Report
You can export the report in a variety of formats, and then print or forward it for further use.The following export options are available:
- Export PDF
- Send PDF to email
- Export CSV
- Send CSV to email
Exporting the report:
- Click Tools and select an export option.
The report is downloaded in your browser.
Exporting the report to email:
- Click Tools and select a report option to email.
- The report is generated and sent to you as an email attachment; check your email inbox.
Scheduling the Report
You can schedule the report to receive it by email on a regular basis.
To schedule the report:
- Click Tools / Schedule this Report.
- Fill in the Schedule Report screen.
- Click Add.