EROAD's powerful Groups (Fleets) function manages both vehicles and drivers. This allows flexible monitoring and reporting of organizational units in Depot. This feature is only available to users with Client Administrator and Unit Manager roles. The following topics are described on this page:
Groups (Fleets) are used in the Depot for two reasons:
- Filtering Vehicles and/or Drivers -- Use the fleet filters to limit the number of vehicles or rows in lists, if you have a lot of vehicles and drivers. This helps you quickly find the information you need.
- Access controls -- Users can be set up to access only certain vehicles and drivers using Groups (Fleets) permissions. This means users can be set up to only see the vehicle/driver activity, and the reports of vehicles for which they are responsible.
Note: Visibility of vehicles and drivers is managed through fleet access in Administration > Users.
Groups (Fleets) can be set to include one or many vehicles and drivers as shown in the following illustration.
Groups (Fleets) Page
The Manage Groups (Fleets) page is divided into three sections. The list of groups is shown in the center section of the screen. The list of vehicles in the selected group is shown in the Vehicles in Group section. The list of drivers in the selected group is shown in the Drivers in Group section.
- Click a group name in the center section to select it and reveal the vehicles and drivers in that group in the Vehicles in Group and Drivers in Group sections of the screen.
It is convenient to search for a group by name when there is a very long list of groups.
- Enter the name of the group in the Search field located above the group list to search for a specific group.
Perform the following steps to edit a group name.
- Click on the group name in the list to select it. The row is now highlighted.
- Click the Edit icon beside the group name to edit the name of the group.
- Revise the group name in the Edit Group Name dialog box.
- Click the Submit button to save the change.
Perform the following steps to remove a group.
- Click on the group name to select it. The row is now highlighted.
- Click the Remove button in the row of the group you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button in the Delete Group prompt.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A prompt appears if a user has been set up with exclusive access to the Group (Fleet) you want to remove (i.e., user only has access to the one group). The group cannot be deleted until the user has been deleted or had another group assigned.
Perform the following steps to add a group in Depot.
- Click the Create New Group button.
- Enter the new group name in the prompt.
- Click the Submit button.
Note: Follow this action by adding vehicles and drivers to the new group. Click the following links for more information.