For security reasons, the Depot application logs you out after 2 hours of inactivity (or 8 hours for Basic and Super Basic Users).
To keep the Activity screen open for much longer (most of the day), setup a Basic User login. A basic user has restricted access to the basic activity screens only. Access to many functions in the system are not available for this user account for security reasons.
For more information or further help, please contact EROAD.
The EROAD products use the cellular network to communicate their information to the Depot. If vehicles go out of coverage, the EROAD products store information to be communicated later, when the vehicles comes back into a coverage area.
To check the AT&T coverage areas please go to AT&T Coverage Viewer
From the Map views in Depot, you can double-click on items in the lists to automatically zoom in to that point.
- If you double-click on a vehicle in the Activity screen, the Map will zoom in to where the vehicle is located.
- On the Daily Activity screen you can double click on an Ignition On event and the Map will zoom in to where the ignition was turned on.
See Locations on Google Maps
To see locations in Google Maps, click on the link in the Map bubble. Map bubbles appear when you click on an event in the list or an icon on a Map.
Fleet Maps Beta
We've recently rolled out a new version of Maps for EROAD. It's not yet fully featured, but it does offer some exciting new tools out of the box:
- Clusters: Big blue dots indicate vehicles in close proximity. As you zoom in, the dots re-number, or break off into separate red dots of individual vehicles.
- Responsive design: Maps on mobile will resize properly and maintain the same look n' feel of Depot
- Faster page loads: Not only does our new Maps offer 10 times more vehicles on display, but it can also show 100 times more vehicles using clusters while shortening page load times to about 5 seconds or less.
- Toggle off and on: As stated, it doesn't have all the features of the current EROAD solution. You can toggle back and forth between views at your leisure.
Filtering and Sorting Lists
Filters (e.g. Fleet Filter) have been applied to most screens to allow you to decrease the size of lists displayed. Click on the drop down box, select the fleet you want to focus on and the list will automatically update to show items that relate only to the selected fleet.
- On the Fleet Summary Report Screen all vehicles that you have access to are displayed. If you want to make the list smaller you can select to see only vehicles for a particular fleet by using the fleet filter at the top of the screen.
Lists can be sorted by clicking on column headings. Lists can be assorted using Ascending and Descending order. Click once and if required, click again to reverse the order.