If you have a bulk fuel tank on-site, or want to quickly upload a list of fuel transactions - you now upload these in Fuel Transaction Management from a spreadsheet CSV file. After the fuel transactions have been processed over night, they will be visible in all the Fuel Reports: Fuel Usage, Fuel Exception and Fuel Consumption Chart to help you better manage consumption and gain fuel efficiencies.
How do I upload fuel transactions from a CSV file?
1. Go to Fuel Transaction Management under the Reports tab and click on the '+Bulk Fuel Upload'.
2. Click on - Download an example fuel transactions file. You will need to submit a CSV file in the correct format so the fuel transactions can be correctly processed.
- You can only upload a file with a maximum of 1000 fuel transaction rows.
- Supply all required data as listed in the example fuel transactions file
- The fuel transaction will be matched to the vehicle by either Rego or Asset Code
- You don't need to supply fuel type - however if this is not supplied it will be recorded as Diesel
- You don't need to enter the address where the Fuel Transaction took place - however it is only possible to report on Fuel Location Exceptions if you enter this address.
- Make sure the instructions are deleted from the sample spreadsheet and you save it as a CSV file
3. Drag and drop a CSV file containing your fuel transactions onto the fuel upload box. Alternatively click 'Browse' to select the file from your computer.
4. The fuel transactions will be processed.
5. When the fuel transactions have been successfully processed they are available to be viewed in the Fuel Transactions Management screen.
Remember - Bulk uploaded fuel transactions are only visible in the Fuel Usage Report, the Fuel Exceptions Report and the Fuel Consumption Chart the day after the transactions have been processed.
More details about the Fuel Transaction data you need to add
Here are more details about the data that you need to provide in your CSV file to make sure it gets processed correctly:
Rego (Rego or Asset Code Required) - The Registration Plate of your vehicle. Either Rego or Asset Code must be entered to match the fuel transaction to the correct vehicle. If you enter a mis-matching Rego and Asset Code - you will get an error and need to fix this up.
Asset Code (Rego or Asset Code Required) - Asset code of your vehicle. Either Rego or Asset Code must be entered to match the fuel transaction to the correct vehicle.
Fuel Card Number (Optional) - Fuel card number used for the transaction
Date/Time (Required) - The date and time that the fuel transaction took place. A range of date formats are accepted, the provided example date format is: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss a.m./p.m. e.g. 12/31/1999 11:59:59 p.m. The fuel transaction will be uploaded at the time of the Organisation
Quantity (Required) - The Quantity of fuel supplied. Liquid fuel will be recorded in litres, and gaseous fuel will be recorded in kilos.
Fuel Type (Optional) - The type of fuel purchased. If fuel type is not supplied then this will be defaulted to Diesel. The following fuel types are accepted:
- Petrol - Regular
- Petrol - Premium
Supplier (Optional) - The name of the company which supplied the fuel e.g. BP
Street Address, City... (Optional) - The full address where the fuel transaction took place, and the vehicle filled up. It is not required to enter a street address, however it is only possible to report on Fuel Location Exceptions if you enter this address.
Cost (Optional) - The cost of the fuel ($)
Odo Reading (Optional) - If an odo reading was entered where the fuel was purchased this can be supplied
Common mistakes - and how to fix them
This file type is not supported. Please upload a file in CSV format : The fuel transactions file must be saved as a CSV file. If you are working in an Excel spreadsheet choose 'Save as' from the File menu, and in the 'Save as type' box and select the type of file as - CSV (Comma delimited).
Vehicle not found : There is no vehicle matching the Rego or Asset Code listed on your CSV, OR, you have provided a Rego and Asset code that do not match. Try to provide either the Rego or the Asset Code for the Vehicle.
More than one matching vehicle found for fuel transaction : There is more than one vehicle in your organisation with the same Rego or Asset Code. Make sure that all your Rego's and Asset Codes are unique.
The (named data) is missing : The date/time or other required data is missing. Data that you must provide is Rego or Asset Code, Date/Time, Quantity.
<time out message> : The fuel file that you are trying to upload is too large. The maximum number of rows that can be processed in one CSV file is 1000. Please split your file into smaller files.
The CSV provided must include a (named data) header: A required data column is missing. Please essure that you have provided all the mandatory data columns on the spreadsheet.
The CSV provided contains an unexpected Header (named data): The name of the column is not named correctly. The easiest way to avoid this error is to click on the link 'Download an example fuel transaction file' and transfer your data into the sample file layout. Please remember to save the file as a CSV after you populate the file with your data.
Sorry, your file cannot be processed due to its size, please split the file in two and try again : The file is too large - you can upload a file with a maximum of 1000 rows. Please split the file into smaller files and re-try.