At head office, you create inspection templates for your trucks and trailers and apply them to your vehicles. When drivers take a vehicle out, its Ehubo tells them specifically what to check, so nothing's skipped.
Inspect maintains 3-signature compliance and verification using the operators' logins.
- A driver's inspection reports identifies defect items. (The vehicle / trailer and the date/time are reported automatically with the report.)
- When the vehicle's serviced, the mechanic/safety manager goes through their Inspect Defect Board, fixing defects.
- Once out of the shop, the vehicle's next driver reviews each reported defect and:
- certifies it repaired, or;
- certifies it still failed
No need for traditional, hand-written signatures. No more time zone calculations, mis-read writing or daylight saving changes.
- Vehicles must have installed and activated Ehubo Generation 2s (or later).
- Confirm with EROAD support that your current plan is compatible.
- Set up Driver profiles.
- Set up Vehicles and Assets.
- (Optional) Set up Email Notifications on failed status defects.
Service Users, Unit Managers, and Client Administrators may update the Defect Board.
EROAD recommends that you inform health, safety, maintenance, and fleet managers to:
- Set up Failed Inspect notifications in MyEROAD, so they are informed right away when a defect needs to be remedied.
- Set up a daily task to review the Defect Board in Depot periodically to see if anything new has been submitted from your drivers.
5. Download the EROAD Inspect In-Vehicle User Manual for drivers to use in learning the product features.