The Geofence Activity with Aux Inputs allows monitoring of site visits and on-site activity of auxiliary equipment. Go to Reports > Geofence Activity with Aux Inputs.
Find information on how to set up geofences here.
NOTE: To support accurate reporting when using an isolation switch, we recommend that drivers switch the ignition off, and de-activate auxiliary equipment, before shutting down the vehicle using the isolation switch.
Geofence Activity with Auxiliary Inputs enables you to monitor:
- time, duration, and distance travelled within a geofence
- the use of auxiliary equipment within a geofence, including count and duration of engaged periods
Advanced filtering options enable you to drill down by the metric that is important to your business:
- number of visits
- turnaround time on-site
- total time on site
TIP: To support consistent reporting across all your vehicles, in particular for vehicles with several auxiliary inputs, we recommend you wire up auxiliary inputs consistently, e.g. for all sweeper vehicles, make sure Input 1 is wired up to the left brush, and Input 2 is wired up to the right brush.
Geofence Tags enable reporting based on Customer Account, Company Branch or Region.
NOTE: Tags for Account, Branch and/or Region have to be set up here before you can report on these attributes.
CSV export supports integration with internal management reports or proof of activity required for billing or disputes resolution. You can export a maximum of 15,000 visits at a time. We recommend that you adjust your selected vehicle or date range before exporting the report, if visits displayed exceed the maximum.
To view geofence activity:
- Select a time period.
- To focus on one or several geofences:
In Geofences, select geofences by name or type.
NOTE: You can view details for all geofences displayed, or select one or several geofences (hold down Ctrl key to select several).
- To focus on one or several vehicles:
In Fleets & Vehicles, select vehicles by fleet, vehicle name, or vehicle type (hold down Ctrl key to select several).
- In Tags, select Account, Region, or Branch.
- Select measure: No. of visits, Average visit time, or Total time.
The report will list visited geofences and vehicle activity. You can click on a geofence or vehicle listed to narrow down your results.
To access details and view auxiliary activity:
- Click View Visits.
A detailed list of geofence visits includingactivity of auxiliary equipment per visit will be listed.
Running a Geofence Activity Report
Once you have selected the Geofence Activity Report from the Reports area of the system
- Select one or more geofences by clicking in the check box beside the geofence(s) you are interested in and then click the "View Report" button at the bottom on the screen.
- If you have a lot of geofences, paging will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click on the arrows to change pages to locate the geofence you require
- Reports cannot be run for geofences on different pages. If you require reports for geofences on different pages you will need to run a report for geofences on the first page and another for the next page etc.
- The report will display activity in the geofences for "Today".
Changing the timeframe for the report
- After selecting the geofence(s) you require and running the report you can change the timeframe from "Today" by using the calendar buttons at the top of the screen.
- You may change the timeframe for the report by clicking on the date drop down box and selecting a preset timeframe from the list, or by choosing the "Date Range" option. The blue arrows allow you to click back and forward in time, based on the timeframe displayed in the date selection box.
- You may change which vehicles the information is displayed for by clicking on the vehicle drop down box and selecting a Fleet from the preset list, or by choosing "Select Specific Vehicles" and clicking on one or more vehicles to run the report for.
- Click on the "Arrival Time" link to view the Daily Activity report for this vehicle for the date and time displayed.
Downloading or Scheduling the Report
Use the Tools menu, located at the upper right of the Depot page to select an option to download, email or schedule to receive this report on a regular basis. Use the Export to PDF or CSV to download the report to your computer.
NOTE: The maximum number of trips you can export is 1250 through a PDF report. To reduce the number of trips, narrow your filter criteria by Vehicle, Group (Fleet) or date.
To schedule a report:
- Enter a name for the report or use the default.
- Select how often you want to receive the report (one-time, daily, weekly).
- Select how long in the future you want to receive regular reports.
- Click PDF or CSV.
- Click Add to begin regular report delivery.
You will receive the report as an email attachment, please check your inbox.