Many organisations operate in countries that have multiple time zones and some of these organisations base their vehicles in different time zones. In order to support these organisations, EROAD provides the ability for organisations to set their vehicles to a different time zone. To activate this functionality the time zone module has to be enabled for the organisation by EROAD Customer Services. Reports and views will then show the vehicles events in the vehicles time zone. Where an organisation has the time zone module enabled the default time zone will be displayed against all that organisations vehicles and then available for the client admin to change in the manage vehicles screen.
When changing the vehicles time zone any new reports and views will be in the vehicles new time zone and any vehicle data before the time zone switch will be in the vehicles original time zone.
Changing Vehicle Time Zone
EROAD provides the ability for organisations to set their vehicles to a different time zone. If this functionality is enabled for your organisation the Time Zone Panel will be visible.
- Select the vehicle you want to change from the list to get to the Manage Vehicle screen
- Click the "Edit" link on the Time Zone Panel to change vehicles time zone.
- Select the correct Time Zone from the list
- Click "Update Details" to save changes
- Click the “Cancel” button to exit without saving the changes made
To activate this functionality, the Multiple Time Zone module has to be enabled for the organisation by EROAD Customer Services