Change Hubo (RUCHO)

* Available to users with Client Administrator and Unit Manager roles


Ehubo Registration

You are required to complete RUCHO for vehicles that have been fitted with an Ehubo or Tubo.

To complete RUCHO and submit to NZTA:

  1. In RUC screen, click on Rucho Required, or
    in Admin / Vehicles/Assets, select vehicle and click Change hubo (RUCHO).
    The Activate Hubo screen will appear:

    Rucho Screen 1.0
  2. Enter details:
    - In Current (NZTA) Final reading, enter the old hubodometer reading.
    - In New hubo start reading, enter the new hubodometer reading (usually “0”).
    - In Odometer reading, enter the odometer reading of the powered vehicle.
    - In Reason for Change, select Conversion when changing from a mechanical hubodometer to an EROAD unit.

  3. Click Submit to NZTA.

  4. In Submit RUCHO to NZTA screen, tick Certified.

  5. Click Submit.
    The automatically generated RUCHO form will be submitted to NZTA electronically.

  6. Remove the mechanical hubodometer immediately.


Mechanical Hubo Change

Once you have fitted the new Mechanical Hubodometer to the vehicle:

  1. Click on the "Vehicles/Assets" menu button in the Admin section of the system, select the vehicle that requires the RUCHO process to be completed and click the "Change hubo (RUCHO)" link.
    A RUCHO screen will appear.
  2. If the RUCHO - Hubodometer Change has been completed outside of MyEROAD e.g. at the Post Office or through a Direct Connect application then three options will be presented:
  • Select the option to use the NZTA Serial Number (the Hubodometer registered with NZTA)
  • Click the "Submit" button.
  • MyEROAD will be updated to match NZTA and licences can now be purchased for the new Hubodometer
  1. If the Hubodometer has not been registered with NZTA i.e. RUCHO form has not been completed then the screen will display fields for the new hubodometer information to be entered:
  • Select the make and enter the serial number for the new hubodometer
  • Enter the final reading of the Hubodometer that you have replaced and the start reading for the new hubodometer.
  • Select a reason for changing the hubodometer and click the "Submit" button.
  • NZTA and MyEROAD will be updated with the new hubodometer details and ready for licences to be purchased.
  • NZTA require a signed paper copy of the RUCHO form to be sent to them confirming the change of hubodometer. A PDF copy of the RUCHO form will display for you to complete if you choose to click on the link from the success screen.


Download RUCHO Form