Roles: Client Administrator; Dashcam User
Replay is your portal for video clips captured by EROAD camera-enabled hardware. Normally these video events are automatically captured depending on detected events. Drivers may manually trigger events, and MyEROAD users may request video clips based on time and vehicle references.
EROAD Dashcams start operating on vehicle ignition. The device starts continuously recording to internal memory, but when an 'event' occurs, the 10-second periods before and after the event are bundled into a 20s clip and uploaded to the cloud via cellular network.
An event could be one of the following:
- Harsh Acceleration
- Sharp Cornering
- Harsh Braking
- Manual Trigger
Replay > Replay Clips
- Date: Set the date range for listed clips.
- Events: View available clips by type of trigger or if requested.
- Vehicles: Select one or multiple vehicles to see their associated videos.
- Drivers: Select one or multiple drivers to see their associated videos.
- Groups (Fleets):Select one or multiple groups to see their associated videos.
- Review status: Select the status type of clips tagged by reviewers. You can also change the status of a clip under its "..." menu.
Each clip has a vertical 'more' ellipsis (...) on the right, allowing you to assign each clip a collection of statuses.
Clip status is provided as a toolset companies may use in the construction of their own incident response criteria. These statuses aren't required by law, nor have any legal standing unto themselves. With the one exception of 'Mark as Restricted', they're there to assist in categorising and sorting your clips; nothing more.
Mark as Restricted
Almost inevitably, the dashcam will record an event that:
- contains graphic, mortal imagery, which may impact on the mental wellbeing of people unprepared to view these events, or;
- contains legally or ethically confidential material, that requires authoritative oversight before being released to a wider audience.
Anyone with Replay permissions may mark any clip as Mark as Restricted. Once marked, only Client Administrators may view the clip, or unrestrict it within the event view.
You may request a clip from a Dashcam's memory, whether the requested period contains an event or not.
Clips may be successfully uploaded if:
- the Dashcam was on to record the requested period
- the requested period has not already been overwritten in memory
- the Dashcam wasn't re-provisioned/ re-assigned to a new vehicle during the requested period.
- Click Request video. A modal window pops up.
- Fill in/ select the appropriate details.
- Select the length/ quality of your clip.
- Click Request video.
When the selected vehicle's Dashcam is both on and in good coverage, the requested period will be available in Replay within 10 minutes of the request.
How to request videos
Clarity Dashcam allows you to retrieve footage from a rolling window of drivetime recording. Vehicles must be on and the dashcam must be in cell coverage to transmit your requested video. Clips requested when the vehicle is off or out of range are processed when the dashcam is back online.
There are several ways to request a video.
To request a video from a specific time:
- In Replay, click Request video in the upper-right corner
- Enter the vehicle, date, and time related to your requested footage
NOTE: If video was captured within 6 hours of your selected time, it will appear in the timeline.
- Use the timeline to specify the time of your requested 20-second or 1-minute video clip
- Click Request video
You’ve just requested video footage from a specific time. MyEROAD will send you an email when the requested footage is in Replay.
To request a video from a specific place:
- On the main Activity page, select a dashcam-equipped vehicle from the map or from the list of vehicles
- Click the History tab
- Click the date field to choose the date
NOTE: Selecting Date and time picker allows you to narrow the displayed trips by time of day.
- Click the trip segment to display all vehicle activity on the map within that time frame. The vehicle path will change from solidly blue to a line of arrows
- Zoom into the vehicle route and click an arrow that corresponds to the vehicle position you would like to review
- Click Request video
- Verify or change the details of your request and select your preferred video length
- Click Request video.You will receive an email as soon as the video is available
Export captures the current Replay clips listing into a CSV file for use with spreadsheet applications. Data listed includes:
- Driver name
- Vehicle Plate
- Display Name
- Date Timestamp
- Event Type
- G Force
- Requested By
At the bottom of the Replay clips list you can change how many listed events can appear on a page.