The Utilisation Dashboard provides information to maximise usage of fleet and auxiliary devices based on an operator's own utilisation targets. Use this information to help balance the workload across the fleet and determine how and where to optimise the fleet's size. The Utilisation Dashboard provides a graphical view of vehicle running time and distance, providing a clear view of which vehicles fall outside the optimum performance usage range and are potential targets for redeployment or disposal. The distance graph displays the total distance travelled by your fleet on a daily basis.
Vehicle utilisation is measured by actual running hours vs. target running hours. Vehicles with percentages above acceptable levels might be indicative of the need for fleet expansion. Low utilisation might be attributable to lack of need or could indicate the opportunity to move the vehicle to another fleet where it can be better utilised.
Benefits of Using this Report
- Monitor Fleet Size - make informed decisions on when to divest, expand, or redeploy vehicles and assets for a profitable fleet
- Improve Cost-to-Revenue Ratio - measuring distance over time supports fleet optimisation to ensure only the necessary miles are travelled to deliver goods or services
- Maximise Asset Utilisation - compare engine running hours with auxiliary equipment usage to ensure assets are fully utilised
Generating the Report
The Utilisation Dashboard report includes settings in the left pane of the screen. Use these settings to customize the report, if needed.
- Click the Reports menu.
- Click Utilisation Dashboard in the Fleet section.
- Click the date range drop-down arrow to change the reporting period, if needed. The report defaults to the last seven days.
Alternatively, click the start and end date fields to select a custom date range or click the left/right arrows to select the date range.
- Click on a specific Group or leave it on the (All) default value.
- Click on a specific Vehicle or leave it on the (All) default value.
- Enter the number of hours in the Target - Daily Running Hours field.
Tip: This helps you to monitor utilization vs. your operator's target running hours, which appears on the dashboard.
- Determine whether to disable any of the week-day check boxes or the Exclude Idle check box. Depot automatically enables these boxes for the report.
- Click Submit to generate the report.
- (optional) Click Tools and select an option to export the report as a PDF or CSV file, or send via email.
- (optional) Click Tools and select Schedule Report to generate the report on a one-time, daily, or weekly basis.