An EROAD Inspect report is created when an inspection is submitted by a driver. The Inspect report is the historic, audit view of the defects found during the pre-trip or post-trip inspection and is a record of the actions taken on the defects. Inspect reports are also accessible from the Reports menu in Depot. See Inspect Reports for more information.
- Click Inspect > Inspections to open the Inspections screen.
The following sections describe how to filter the inspections list, view inspection details, and manage defects.
Viewing the Inspections List
The Inspections screen displays a list of inspections for the vehicles in your fleet. The list view defaults to the current week, but users have the option to change the view to daily, weekly, monthly, or select a custom date range. Inspections are listed in chronological order with the most recent inspection shown at the top of the list. The list includes the following information:
- Vehicle Name
- Registration Number
- Vehicle Type
- Date of Inspection
- Type of Inspection
Note: Use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to navigate through the list.
Tip: Click on a column heading label to sort the list of Inspections or apply filters using the Inspection Filters dialog box.
The list of Inspections are automatically filtered to display inspections (failed, failed - unsafe to drive, and inspection items that need attention). Unsafe results are flagged in red text on the Inspections screen. You may use the Filters button to customize the Inspections list.
The following table describes the filtering options that you may select.
|Report Filter Options|
|Result||Failed inspections are the default. Select one or more options: Fail, Pass, Not applicable, Attention|
|Driver||Filter by driver name|
|Display Name||Filter by display name (may be mechanic or other applicable staff member)|
|Plate||Filters by vehicle plate number|
|Group||Filter by driver or vehicle group|
|Machine Type||Filter by machine type (heavy or light vehicle, trailer, asset)|
|Template||Filter by template name|
|Inspection Type||Filter by Pre-trip or Post-trip|
|Duration||Filter by the amount of time the inspection was completed (no limit, less than 1, 5, 10 or 15 minutes)|
Perform the following procedure to apply filters to the Inspections screen.
- Click the Filter button on the Inspections screen to open the Inspection Filters dialog box.
The Failed, Failed Not Safe, and Attention filters are automatically applied.
- Click the Result field to open the options list. Select Passed or Not applicable, if required.
- Click the Driver field to open the list of drivers and then select the required names.
- Click the Display Name field to open the list of mechanics/staff members reporting on the defect and then select the name(s).
- Click the Plate field to open the list of plate numbers and then select the plate(s).
- Click the Group field to open the list of groups and then select the group(s).
- Click the Machine Type field to open the list of vehicle types. Select heavy vehicle, light vehicle, trailer, or asset, as needed.
- Click the Template field to open the list of templates and select the template type.
- Click the Inspection Type field to open the list and select Pre-trip or Post-trip.
- Click the Duration field to open the filter list to select the amount of time (duration) of the inspection.
- Click Apply to save your filters and apply them to the Inspections list.
Viewing Inspection Details
The Inspection Details dialog box is opened by clicking on one of the inspections in the Inspections list. It displays on the right side of the screen. The truck name and plate number are displayed at the upper left corner. The remaining inspection details are summarized above the inspection card(s). The Inspection Details dialog box displays all defect items associated with the vehicle. The defect severity is indicated by the colour code on the left side, and the defect status is shown in the upper right corner of the card by the progress bar code.
- The Action icon in the upper right corner of the Inspection Detail dialog box is used for downloading an inspection report. See Inspect Reports for more information about the Action icon.
- Click the Manage link on the inspection defect card to open the Defect Board. See the Defects help page for more information.
- Click the X in the upper right corner to close the Inspection Details dialog box.