Users wanting to use BookIt must be approved and assigned an appropriate role by an Admin.
Where an organisation has Single Sign On integration, users should self register by simply trying to login, rather than an Fleet Admin adding them in advance.
- Users within an organisation are given the address to the BookIt system where they're invited to register.
- They're sent a verification email, they click the embedded email link, and they await being verified by the Admin.
- Verification could mean the Admin assigns the user roles, states and groups.
These users tried to log into BookIt, were onboarded by the automatic registration process, and have verified their email addresses.
This page also allows Admins to add new users.
To add new Users to your system:
- Users > Verified > Add. A panel slides out.
- Fill in the details.
The user is added to the system, is emailed a verification, and the entry is passed into the Unconfirmed email state.
More (...) tools
- Quick verify: Forces a verification on behalf of the user (not recommended).
- Edit: Update a user's details.
- User login history: A time-based look at a user's interactions with BookIt
- History - changes by user: A changelog of a user's actions.
- History changes to user: A changelog of changes made to a user account, either by an Admin or the user.
- Show email history: Audit log of the email history with the user, usually tracking booking confirmation/alert messages.
Booker: Can view the welcome page, make bookings for themselves, book seats in other vehicles, and view their past and future bookings.
Multibranch Booker: An addon that gives the ability to book vehicles from any branch.
On Behalf Booker: An addon that gives the ability to book on behalf of other users. Under manage bookings, they can view and manage the bookings they've made for themselves, and those they've made for others.
Booking Approver: May approve bookings of vehicles that have been assigned an Approval flow. (If a branch has no Booking Approver, bookings will skip assigned Approval flows.)
Booking Admin: Has the ability to view and manage all bookings for a branch, but none of the additional features a Branch Admin has.
Branch Admin: Has most of the reporting and functionality of an Organisation Admin but is restricted only to their own branch. For example, they can add users, or enable vehicles, but only to their own branch.
Under Manage Settings branch admin can only access Welcome message, Accessories, Groups and Locations - and can only create or modify these for ones that only exist in their branch(s). Branch admins can only see and approve pending users if "Allow users to add themselves to this branch at sign up" is enabled for their branch.
Multibranch Admin: Ability to be a branch admin for multiple branches.
Organisation Admin: Highest level of access - can access everything and is the only user that can create branches. Is the only user that can:
- Change organisation settings
- Create a branch
- Set or edit a user agreement
- Create or edit booking policies
- Create or edit booking reasons