Installing an EROAD Asset Tracker requires you to:
Once the Asset Tracker is mounted, make sure to set it up in Depot.
At times you might be required to:
- Replace batteries - you can esily check the battery status in Depot
- Move the Asset Tracker to use it on another asset
The Asset Tracker is designed to be mounted on assets that reside outside for at least 90% of the time.
To mount an Asset Tracker:
- Choose the mounting location so that the Asset Tracker’s antenna has a good, unobstructed view of the sky.
- Clear the mounting location of any debris and clean with an alcohol wipe.
- Mount the Asset Tracker on the asset using the mounting bracket and four Phillips-head screws supplied and/or double-sided adhesive tape.
To turn an Asset Tracker on or off:
- Remove the connector cover from the side of the device.
- Put the switch into ON or OFF position.
- Replace the cover.
The Asset Tracker is powered by and supplied with four installed 1.5V Lithium AAA batteries.
CAUTION: Risk of explosion of battery if replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
NOTE: The Asset Tracker will retain its configuration when the batteries are being replaced.
To replace batteries:
- Remove the Asset Tracker and turn it off.
- Remove the four Philips head screws to access the battery compartment at the bottom of the device.
- Remove the watertight cover.
- Remove used batteries and insert four new 1.5V Lithium AAA batteries.
- Replace the watertight cover and secure with screws.
- Mount the Asset Tracker on the asset and turn on.