Installing an EROAD Asset Tracker requires you to:
Once the Asset Tracker is mounted, make sure to set it up in MyEROAD.
At times you might be required to:
- Replace batteries - you can esily check the battery status in MyEROAD
- Move the Asset Tracker to use it on another asset
How to mount the Asset Tracker
The Asset Tracker is designed to be mounted on assets that reside outside for at least 90% of the time.
To mount an Asset Tracker:
- Choose the mounting location so that the Asset Tracker’s antenna has a good, unobstructed view of the sky.
- Clear the mounting location of any debris and clean with an alcohol wipe.
- Mount the Asset Tracker on the asset using the mounting bracket and four Phillips-head screws supplied and/or double-sided adhesive tape.
How to turn the Asset Tracker ON/OFF
To turn an Asset Tracker on or off:
- Remove the connector cover from the side of the device.
- Put the switch into ON or OFF position.
- Replace the cover.
How to replace batteries
The Asset Tracker is powered by and supplied with four installed 1.5V Lithium AAA batteries.
CAUTION: Risk of explosion of battery if replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
NOTE: The Asset Tracker will retain its configuration when the batteries are being replaced.
To replace batteries:
- Remove the Asset Tracker and turn it off.
- Remove the four Philips head screws to access the battery compartment at the bottom of the device.
- Remove the watertight cover.
- Remove used batteries and insert four new 1.5V Lithium AAA batteries.
- Replace the watertight cover and secure with screws.
- Mount the Asset Tracker on the asset and turn on.