EROAD Posted Speed delivers real-time driver coaching, displaying real-time road network data on highways and main metro routes. This empowers drivers to make better driving choices on the road based on road network data. As drivers have access to the best in-vehicle technology powered by up-to-date mapping data, they can now self-coach. This reduces fleet management overhead, and helps managers to focus on more productive fleet optimisation opportunities.
Safer driving with less speeding leads to a known reduction in accidents, incidents, near misses, and your organisation’s health and safety risk. It also delivers money in your pocket – including savings through improved fuel efficiency, reduced repairs and maintenance, potential to reduce insurance premiums, and reduced driver turnover.
The Posted Speed feature provides the following customer benefits.
- Supports drivers with the real-time road network speed data they need on the road to make better driving decisions
- Driver has enhanced ability to self-coach because of better in-vehicle tools, thereby reducing the need for Fleet Managers to continuously monitor driver behaviour
- Safe driving delivers fiscal savings from improved fuel efficiency, reduced repairs and maintenance, and insurance costs
- Provides your drivers with the best in-vehicle safety technology, prioritising safety
- Helps you build a work place culture that prioritises safety to help meet your company's obligations under the Chain of Responsibility (COR) and National Heavy Vehicle (HVNL) laws
Posted Speed includes the following key features.
- Displays the current road network speed limit on the EROAD in-vehicle unit, Ehubo 2, on highways and main metro roads. [HERE Map definition roads where Functional Class Type is 1 – 4].
- Functional Class is a road type indicator that reflects traffic speed and volume. It also reflects the importance and connectivity of the road. This only includes roads with (1) high-volume, maximum speed traffic, (2) high-volume, high-speed traffic, (3) high-volume traffic, and (4) high-volume traffic at moderate speeds between neighborhoods.
- Displays current road name to aid navigation to job site or destination
- Real-time driver coaching based on current road network speed limit data aligned with MyEROAD Driver Behaviour Analytics – so Fleet Manager and Driver are on the same page
- Speed network data regularly refreshed to ensure road speed limit changes and new infrastructure are picked up quickly
- Depot sends map tiles down to the box in real time based on the direction of travel – with out-of-cell coverage areas downloaded when you next drive through an area