Roles: Client Administrator; Dashcam User
You many retrieve videos recorded by a dashcam in a geographic area. This is very useful if reported times are vague, but the location is known.
To use this tool effectively, use a vehicle's History tab to isolate a logged trip in the targeted area, then select a trip point that contains video from that area.
To retrieve video from a location:
- Activity screen
- Select a vehicle that had a trip in an area of interest. The Vehicle details tab will appear
- Select the History tab. The vehicle's trips will be listed by date and time, with ignition on/off delimited trips listed below.
- Select a trip. The vehicle's trip will appear on the map in blue. Step through its trips to find one that passes through the location.
- Select an event location. Each blue trip has several blue arrows (example indicated with a red circle), each of which is an event location. Selecting an arrow prompts a tooltip giving basic details, including a Request video link.
- Click Request video. A dialog box pops up.
- Check the details and click Request video. The pre-populated details are editable, to refine your request.
Retrieving requested video
When the targeted vehicle is both operating and in cell coverage, the requested video will come into the Replay screen tagged as a Requested video.