Roles: Dashcam Fleet Manager; Safety Manager
Note: Replay will have limited functionality for those Dashcams under the EROAD Clarity Locate service plan.
Replay is your portal for video clips captured by EROAD camera-enabled hardware. Normally these video events are automatically captured depending on detected events. Drivers may manually trigger events, and MyEROAD users may request video clips based on time and vehicle references.
EROAD Dashcams start operating on vehicle ignition. The device starts continuously recording to internal memory, but when an 'event' occurs, the 10-second periods before and after the event are bundled into a 20s clip and uploaded to the cloud via cellular network.
An event could be one of the following:
- Harsh Acceleration
- Sharp Cornering
- Harsh Braking
- Manual Trigger
Replay > Replay Clips
- Date: Used to set the date event range for listed clips.
- Select events: Check the specific type of event(s) you which to list.
- Select vehicles: Select vehicles by registration that have events logged against them.
- Select drivers: Select specific drivers that have events logged against them.
- Select groups/fleets: Select the different groups/fleets in which you've allocated vehicles.
- Status: Select the status type with which reviewers have tagged events. You can also change the status of a clip under its "..." menu.
Each clip has a vertical 'more' ellipsis (...) on the right, allowing you to assign each clip a collection of statuses.
Clip status is provided as a toolset companies may use in the construction of their own incident response criteria. These statuses aren't required by law, nor have any legal standing unto themselves. With the one exception of 'Mark as Restricted', they're there to assist in categorising and sorting your clips; nothing more.
Mark as Restricted
Almost inevitably, the dashcam will record an event that:
- contains graphic, mortal imagery, which may impact on the mental wellbeing of people unprepared to view these events, or;
- contains legally or ethically confidential material, that requires authoritative oversight before being released to a wider audience.
Anyone with Replay permissions may mark any clip as Mark as Restricted. Once marked, only Client Administrators may view the clip, or unrestrict it within the event view.
You may request a clip from a video-enabled Dashcam's memory, whether the requested period contains an event or not.
Clips may be successfully uploaded if:
- the Dashcam was on to record the requested period
- the requested period has not already been overwritten don't the dashcam's SD card memory
- the Dashcam wasn't re-provisioned/ re-assigned to a new vehicle during the requested period.
- Click Request video. A modal window pops up.
- Fill in/ select the appropriate details.
- Select the length/ quality of your clip. If video was captured within 6 hours of your selected time, it will appear in the timeline
- Clarity Get: If on this plan, additional costing information is presented:
Follow-up confirmation: To help measure your company's use of Clarity Get, you're presented with a running time total.
When the selected vehicle's Dashcam is both on and in good coverage, the requested period will be available in Replay within 10 minutes of the request.
To request a video from a specific place:
- On the main Activity page, select a dashcam-equipped vehicle from the map or from the list of vehicles
- Click the History tab
- Click the date field to choose the date
NOTE: Selecting Date and time picker allows you to narrow the displayed trips by time of day.
- Click the trip segment to display all vehicle activity on the map within that time frame. The vehicle path will change from solidly blue to a line of arrows
- Zoom into the vehicle route and click an arrow that corresponds to the vehicle position you would like to review
- Click Request video
- Verify or change the details of your request and select your preferred video length
- Click Request video.You will receive an email as soon as the video is available
Export captures the current Replay clips listing into a CSV file for use with spreadsheet applications. Data listed includes:
- Driver name
- Vehicle Plate
- Display Name
- Date Timestamp
- Event Type
- G Force
- Requested By
At the bottom of the Replay clips list you can change how many listed events can appear on a page.