Messaging is available for Android version 4.0.3 or higher. How you check which version of Android is installed on your mobile device depends on the brand of device you are using.
On a Samsung Galaxy:
• Click on Settings icon
• Scroll down to System
• Click on About Device to see which version of Android is installed on your device.
On an Acer mobile device:
• Open the Applications tab and tap Settings.
• Tap About Phone, or About Tablet. The version number is listed under Android version.
On a Sony mobile device:
• From the Home screen, find and tap Settings and select About phone.
• Under Firmware version you will find your current Android version.
Android version number displayed on a Samsung Galaxy.