Roles: Client Administrator, Unit/Fleet Manager
This page is about MyEROAD Service history. For legacy Service history documentation for Depot, please see other documents.
Service history provides vehicle evidence that:
- supports a company's claim about a vehicle's road-worthiness for compliance and law enforcement agencies
- forms the basis for business decisions around the ongoing maintenance, and
- provides a vehicle's maintenance history for interested buyers.
The Service history workflow starts at the Assets screen.
To create a Service event:
- Service > Assets
- Select a vehicle/asset. Its service drawer will slide open.
- Click Schedule new service. The Schedule service screen opens.
- Fill in the form:
- Load service plan: Select a pre-designed plan of services from the list
- Choose service type: Select one of the predefined service types
- Choose supplier: Select one of the pre-loaded suppliers
- Schedule the service by filling in your criteria and timing options.
- Click Add another to prepare another service, or Schedule to apply the schedule and leave this process.
As time goes on, service status alerts will be handled by various columns in the Assets screen.
To complete a service:
- Service > Assets
- Select an asset with a service due for processing.
- Click ... The service submenu opens.
- Click Complete service. The Complete service screen opens.
- There are several fields that can be filled in. The more information entered, the better a vehicle may be managed.
- Show advanced options: You may make notes on the service, or attach Word, Excel, PDF or other documents to this record for future reference.
- Choose a completion date, distance requirement (if needed), and/or Engine hours requirement (if needed).
- Click Complete, or Skip this service
- Skip this service: This feature allows you to remove this service from the vehicle's queue as a one-off measure. Common uses are if the service is already overdue, but a following service already incorporates the requirements covered in the service to be skipped.
You're returned to the Assets screen.
To access a vehicle's service history:
- Service > Assets > Select a vehicle line. The vehicle drawer will open.
- Click Service history. The service history screen opens.
Service history features a standard date range picker to focus your view on qualifying entries, and free text search field for the Invoice or Notes fields.
Invoice or notes: Searches these two columns for close-matching hits.
In addition to a straight search function, the Invoice or notes search field can be used to create your own tag/label cross-referencing system.
For example, you may find it advantageous to insert words or abbreviations in notes like "CFS"* For "Consider For Sale", or "WED 12/12/2025"* for "Warranty Expiration Date 12/12/2025".
* Suggestions only. These suggestions are not required, nor might be recognised in any regulatory compliance authority in the context above.
- Service Type: Narrow down your list by selecting one more types listed.
- Supplier: Search for company-approved suppliers or providers of services
- Price range: Filter results with a limit on how high the cost is for a listed service.
Changing the saved columns
Like the Asset table, users may select which columns they would like displayed, and in which order. The Default layout has all columns on.
To change the layout:
- Click Default (or whatever saved layout name is displayed). The drop-down menu shows the Default saved columns and any custom layouts
- Select Add new saved columns. A drawer slides open to reveal all possible columns and its current order (top → bottom is left → right)
- Check/Uncheck columns you wish to see/hide
- Move column order by clicking a column's V Λ arrows
- Name the new layout.
You're returned to the main Service history view with a new selectable saved columns layout.
Service history stores each service entry indexed by date, though the table may be re-ordered by column details with up-down arrows.
Header details include (items listed may not be in the order presented on screen):
|Completion date||Distance||Parts||Entered workshop|
|Inv. no.||Consumables||Total hours worked on|
|Ref (eg. job number)||Engine||Labour||Exited workshop|
Type (of service)
|Tax||Time in workshop|
More data types may be added to the Service history upon demand.
To exit Service history:
- To return to the Assets screen, click Back to assets.