We are pleased to be able to share details with you of the November upgrade to EROAD's Ehubo. The upgrade will take place over the coming weeks.
Introducing Ehubo Messaging
EROAD’s Ehubo messaging service enables drivers in the field and operators in the office to easily and securely communicate with each other using the Ehubo in their vehicles. Short messages can be exchanged in near real time. The Ehubo messaging screen will be automatically updated as messages are sent by Depot, received by the Ehubo and acknowledged by the driver. For driver safety, messages can only be entered on the Ehubo’s touch screen when the vehicle is stopped. Drivers will have an at-a-glance view of their message status and their message history.
How drivers use Messaging on the Ehubo
Drivers can use the Ehubo to receive messages from and send messages to their operator on EROAD Depot:
- Tap the Ehubo screen to turn on the Ehubo Home screen prior to starting a trip or while vehicle is stopped.
- Select the Messaging menu on your Ehubo Home screen or tap a new unread message.
- In the Message screen, create a new message by tapping the New Message button or reply to a received message by tapping the message once to acknowledge and tap again to reply.
- Enter your message text, then send by tapping the Send button.
How operators use Messaging in Depot
EROAD Depot users with access to the Messaging service can send messages to and receive messages from any vehicle in their fleets that has an Ehubo installed. All messages will be displayed under the Messages tab on the Activity screen.
To send messages in Depot:
- Go to the Activity screen, select the vehicle, click on the Message tab and click New Message. To send a message to all vehicles in the fleet, click Broadcast Message.
- Enter your message (maximum of 200 characters) or choose one of the Quick Messages you have set up previously.
- Click Send.
Please refer to our Help site for more details.