Before a dashcam gets installed, it's best to activate Dashcam Alerts, under Notifications. This function emails you when the install has been completed, and gives you the serial number needed to bind the dashcam with its vehicle.
Only users with a Client Administrator role or higher may add or configure an EROAD Dashcam with Depot.
Step One: > Administration > Notifications
- Check Dashcam Alerts.
- Click Save.
Step Two: Administration > Vehicles / Assets
If your installer has entered your email address in the Install Wizard at the time of installation, you should have an email with the details of the vehicle in which the dashcam was installed. Alternatively, you should have received a paper copy of the installation form from your installer.
- Select this vehicle from the list. The Manage Vehicle screen will appear.
- Under Cameras, click Add Camera. The Add Camera window will pop up.
- Select the dashcam installed for this vehicle. Click Save.
Step Three: [Selected Vehicle] > Service Plan Add-ons
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Enable either Dashcam Dual or Dashcam Front, depending on your company's policy/plan.
- Click Update Machine Service Add-Ons.
The ability to record audio is currently set at the company level rather than at an individual dashcam level, and requires Admin level permissions.
To enable audio recording:
> Administration > My Organisation
- Under Camera Settings, click Edit.
- Check Enable audio recording.
Please note that this will enable audio recording for all dashcams within your company. Please ensure drivers are notified in accord with applicable privacy laws.