Operators can now enter the vehicle's odometer reading through the Ehubo2. The manual synchronisation updates the odometer reading in Depot and helps keep the Ehubo2 synchronised with the vehicle. This also impacts the RUC licence and servicing the vehicle.
Synchronising the Odometer
Operators may enter the current odometer reading of the vehicle through the Ehubo2 if this feature has been enabled through Depot's Managed Features.
1. Tap the Vehicle icon on the home screen.
2. Tap the Sync Odometer button on the Vehicle screen.
3. Enter the vehicle's odometer reading in the Odometer field.
4. Tap the Done button. The updated odometer reading is also updated in the Depot application.
AutoRUC Seamless Synchronisation
Seamless synchronisation is set up automatically for light vehicles with an Ehubo2 and AutoRUC enabled through Manage Features. A driver receives a prompt at engine ignition to update the odometer value after the light vehicle has driven 2,000 kms, which reduces the risk of being out of RUC.
1. Tap the OK button at the Odometer Sync prompt.
2. Enter the vehicle's odometer reading in the Odometer field.
3. Tap the Done button.
4. Tap the Confirm button at the prompt. The driver sees the Odometer Sync screen every 2,000 kms from the last prompted synchronisation event.
Note: The driver can tap Change if the value was entered incorrectly. The reading on the Ehubo2 is updated after Depot receives the new reading.
Purchasing of RUC Licence
Depot will purchase a new RUC licence if the new odometer reading is higher than the Max Dist Recorder value of the current RUC licence. This keeps your light vehicle compliant on New Zealand roads.
Significant Odometer Jumps
Limits are applied when operators manually enter odometer readings to prevent significantly large odometer jumps. Large odometer jumps can be entered through the Depot application, if needed.
A driver is prompted to contact his/her supervisor if a value is entered, which is above or below 1,000 kms from the current odometer reading. This feature is designed to prevent drivers from accidentally increasing the odometer through an incorrect value that may cause multiple RUC licences to be purchased through AutoRUC.